To: All Prospective Associate Members
From: Daniel K. Thompson
Re: Somerset County Economic Development Commission
2014 Associate Membership Program
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Somerset County Economic Development Commission (SCEDC), I would like to extend to you a gracious invitation to become an ASSOCIATE MEMBER of the SCEDC.
Some of the major projects that the SCEDC have focused on this past year are as follows:
· Attraction of the Aerospace Industry / Wallops Island / Crisfield Airport
· Marketing and Promotion of the Princess Anne Industrial Park
· Refurbish Carvel Hall at the Crisfield Industrial Park
· Downtown Main Street Association (Washington Hotel)
· Business Parks - Chase Plaza / Princess Anne Village
· Regional Incubator Concept
· Alternative Energy Projects (wind, solar, poultry litter, bio-mass, etc.)
· Infrastructure (Natural Gas, Water & Sewer, Rail Study, Wenona Dredging)
· Broadband Initiative (Maryland Broadband Co-op, Skyline, Bloosurf)
· Participation in Crisfield Recovery Efforts
Without the support from the Somerset County Commissioners, The Town of Princess Anne, The City of Crisfield, and our Associate Members, these projects would not have materialized.
Our Associate Membership Program is a vital link in our partnering with the various agencies throughout the county in a common endeavor to raise the standard of living and quality of life for all of our citizens of Somerset County. By developing a concerted effort to work in all three areas of economic development, the Somerset County Economic Development Commission will be able to help improve the employment, personal income, tax base, and quality of life for all the people in Somerset County.
Your contribution and support will enable us to do more. Attached please find our ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP brochure, which goes into more detail about the benefits and goals of your membership. Should you have any questions, or concerns about issues affecting the growth of economic development in Somerset County, please give us a call. We would appreciate your input.
Daniel K. Thompson
Cc: Jim East, Chairman
Rob Maddox, Vice Chairman
Harry Gemmell, Treasurer
Fred Lankford, Secretary
Doug Taylor, County Administrator